Hey y’all! I decided to use today to do another photo shoot. It’s been forever since the last one, and since I got such good feedback from the last one I said, what the heck! Let’s do another one!!
So once I started, I got inspired. It’s funny what you find when you’re not looking for it!
For example, I finally found a perfect use for this burnished necklace! I’ve had it forever, tried to pair it with a million things over the summer, but it just wasn’t quite right. Now I see why. This beauty was built for Fall!
It pairs perfectly with this cropped faux fur vest!
Sometimes you need to get out of the box and go for the bow.
A bow is the ultimate statement of boldness & glamor!
It’s also the perfect complement to this fur vest!
Speaking of animal accessories, how about these feather dangle earrings?
So…I was about to get rid of this adorable jacket when I put some accessories on it.
What can I say? Sometimes you just need (to keep) a red jacket.
I’m missing the highs in the mid 80’s. The cool Fall nights have already taken hold here in NC. If you’re still romancing your summer shades, don’t feel bad! With cool weather on the way, just grab a light scarf and continue to show your neckline with a little slipknot.
Or throw it loosely over both shoulders for a carefree but chic look.
Drape over one shoulder to showcase a pretty pattern.
Add a geometric necklace with the geometric print to add flair and fun.
Want to cover your neck but still show off your neck candy? Toss both ends of your scarf behind your back. Let it dangle or add a small knot to the ends to secure them in place. Instant glam!
A side slip knot is a great way to add coverage and class.
Well, I hope you had fun with me on this fall fashion shoot. I may do another one soon. Maybe with pashminas?
If you’d like to see some more fall outfit ideas, just let me know!
Many young ladies ask me how to transform their college gear to workplace class. They’re entering the workforce & want to be taken seriously & be poised to get a promotion. Many times opportunities are missed because of the choice of attire. It’s not too hard to make the transition if you stay away from being gaudy. A lot of current fashions call for jewelry to be completely over the top in size, color & volume. However, there’s an easy way to wear the current styles without going too far. So I’m being clear, let’s look at the definition of gaudy.
Merriam-Webster defines gaudy as:
1.ostentatiously or tastelessly ornamented
Thanks for reading!
- Summer Style (itsmelovelee.wordpress.com)
- Blouses (edisoncdf.wordpress.com)
- How to wear it: 19th century flax blouse (rhymeswithmay.com)
- How to Wear: The Bright Blouse (thekeziahfactor.wordpress.com)
- 5 hot fall fashion trends you must try this season (hkgogogu.wordpress.com)
For sources of the outfits featured in the pairings, click the photo.
This week I’m listing some of my bolder styles for you to enjoy. They pair wonderfully with suits, dresses (especially maxi dresses) or even a top & jeans! All styles are $15-$35, so they’re a real steal. To top it off, some are on FLASH SALE! To order, click a picture & it’ll take you to my Facebook page. My NEW shopping cart is still under construction (thanks sooooo much for your patience) so please order on my page or use the contact form or my email to place your order. You can also comment below. Thanks & as always,
~The Jewelry Lady
accessories, apparel, Beauty, Blog, clothes, clothing, daughter, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, gift, how-to, Jewellery, jewelry, Lifestyle, shopping, style, thejewelrylady.co, women, www.thejewelrylady.com
I have a 6-year-old little girl. Leah. I love Leah. I really do. She’s all the things a little girl should be. Sweet, smart, expressive, unique & silly. Unfortunately, she’s the only girl. She has 2 older brothers so I feel her pain (I’m an only child). No little girl in the house to play with, share secrets with, have tea parties & play dress up with…WRONG! My daughter has made me the stand in to every production she puts on in the house, from play doh pal to sidewalk chalk chum (which I admit is great stress relief & down time). And she wants to share things of mine, too! Like my shoes, my hats, my office, & most recently, my jewelry! In my mind I said, FORGET THAT!! There’s a lot of things we can share, but NOT MY JEWELRY! But in my heart, this is my baby girl, my pride & joy, the apple of my eye. Surely, surely there is some recourse! I pondered, thought, considered, & after creating a few brow lines, it came to me…
GET HER SOME JEWELRY OF HER OWN!!!
So, I did! And yes, I do realize that I have an ENORMOUS advantage, because well…….. I AM The Jewelry Lady!
But, I’m not selfish. And I am sympathetic to all the moms out there who don’t have the access to jewelry styles that I do. I’m so sympathetic that I have created albums on my FB page FULL of little girly froo-froo items that the little ladies, teens & fully grown ladies just ADORE! How do I know? I test them out on my little lady. She’s often sitting beside me, pointing, smiling (face about to crack from cheesing) & saying “Ooooh Mommy! JEWELRY! Can I see??” Of course, how can I deny her the pleasure? She is in fact the next generation of The Jewelry Lady! It’s also great to have a second opinion. She’s got “the eye”, too! So your daughters will be in for a treat when I retire. Oh God, how do you RETIRE from jewelry?! Clutch the pearls in shock & horror! lol
Anyway, here are some more serious suggestions that may work for you (besides installing a high-tech infrared laser guarded room that requires a thumbprint, eye scan & vocal recognition):
1. When you go shopping & you see that *twinkle* in their eye (you know the one where you realize you’ll never see/touch/wear that item again in its original condition), pony up and get her one as well.
2. Recycle! When you’re about to clean out your closet, bring her in and let her have first crack at items you’re giving away anyway. Leah had the most fun in my shirt that I was giving away & all the jewelry I was giving to our women’s church group (The Sista Swap).
3. Use your items as a bargaining chip. Yeah, bribe ’em. I negotiated about 10 minutes of freedom off of one bag of jewelry & shirts I was giving away. It ended up being about an hour because she was having so much fun! And at the end, I got a free fashion show!!
Here’s a sample of little girl items. Inbox me or reply here with questions or to order. Orders usually arrive within 7-10 days. Happy shopping! ~The Jewelry Lady
accessories, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, holiday, Holidays, how-to, Jewellery, jewelry, Kiss, pick, Pinterest, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, thejewelrylady.com, Valentine, valentine day, women
I’ll admit it. We women are tricky. Ok, dangerous, when it comes to Valentine’s Day. Expectations are high and there’s a lot on the line. But, you have help! Consider me your personal double agent. Here are some tips to picking out a gift for your lady:
1. PAY ATTENTION! Look at the jewelry she wears, what she says she likes, what she’s got pinned on her Pinterest board and KNOW HER FAVORITE COLOR (if any). Know what she DOESN’T like! Avoid disappointment & embarrassment on both sides!
2. Set a budget. When you’re going to look, this’ll help get you in and out faster if you know you only have $20, $200 or $2,000 to spend on that perfect gift.
3. Man up!! We will tell you that it’s the thought that counts. But sometimes, it’s not. Sometimes, it’s the effort that counts. Get her something wonderful, not something “ehhh”. A woman wants to see that you really thought about HER. Not you. So no pots, pans, vacuums, toasters, lingerie, tools, car parts, household cleaning implements or man type stuff, UNLESS SHE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTS IT. Even then, get her a girly one too (if she’s at all girly or ever was).
4. Dig deep! Become a spy, ninja or a rogue CIA operative if necessary! Ask her friends, Mom or coworkers. Do your due diligence to win your lady’s heart!
5. Keep it comparable. If your lady has simple tastes, don’t overwhelm her with a display that’s not her style. If she’s a diva, don’t come up short! Your gift should match your sweetie’s personality.
If you get her a card, know what it says. Read it! So if she says, “Awwww, I never knew you felt that way”, or “Oh, do you really mean that?”, you won’t look like a dope! Women want to know that they’re loved, though about, cherished & special to you. Yeah, it’s tough to find a gift that says all that, but give it your best shot.
And remember, I’m here to help!
Call, email or post & I’ll help you find the perfect gift for your perfect gift!
~ The Jewelry Lady
accessories, apparel, article, bauble necklace, Beauty, Blog, blouse, bubble necklace, color, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, how-to, Life, necklace, outfit, pick, statement necklace, style, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, thejewelrylady.com, wardrobe test, women, www.facebook.com/yourspc, www.sanctifiedclothing.com, www.thejewelrylady.com
Choosing a necklace for your neckline stumping you? Here’s a few tips:
Compliment a V-neck with a drop pearl necklace or solitaire pendant. This also complements works with a boat-neck or crewneck top.
Pair strapless and off-the-shoulder necklines with a necklace that remains close to the neck. Consider a choker or a short strand of pearls.
Coordinate an open-collar blouse with a thicker, chunkier piece of costume jewelry. Interlocking chains that lie flat on the collarbone add pizazz to a dressy casual outfit or business suit. Coordinate your earrings and belt with the tones in your necklace.
Accentuate jewel-neck or turtleneck sweater with a long string of colorful beads. Precious stones work well with a thicker day look, while crystals bring a little glamour to an evening outfit.
Complement square-neck tops with pendants dangling from a long chain.
I hope this sparks the inner diva within you and helps you unleash her untamed beauty! If not, I hope it helps you pick out your jewelry & avoid the morning meltdown!! lol
The Jewelry Lady
accessories, Blog, bubble necklace, color, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, jewelry, ring, Sanctified Prosperity Clothing, statement necklace, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, wardrobe, women, www.facebook.com/yourspc, www.sanctifiedclothing.com
Have questions? Ask below.
accessories, Blog, bubble necklace, Christmas, Fashion, gift, gift wrap, jewelry, necklace, packaging, ring, statement necklace, stocking stuffer, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, women, wrap, www.thejewelrylady.com
If you really want to make a gift extra special, use unique packaging! You can add gift wrapping to your order for an additional $2. This will include a gift box or gift bag of your choice and a bow. Select from our standard white box:
Clear cover necklace box
Vertical earring box
horizontal earring box with handles
paisley or solid mini gable boxes
Or a traditional box.
Be sure to order by Dec 22, 6pm.
We’ll be closing for the year of 2012 &
won’t reopen until Jan 3, 2013!
accessories, apparel, bauble necklace, Blog, bracelet, bubble necklace, color, crazy, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, how-to, jewelry, necklace, ring, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, thejewelrylady.com, unique, unusual fashion, women
Some days I wanna be weird. Not Lady Gag weird (I have my limits), but past the norm, totally random, “how did she make that work” weird. I get a kick out of it, I’ll admit. I like to take my accessories & put them together in ways that aren’t supposed to go together. My necklaces and scarves (my mom said it was a no-no), my necklaces as bracelets & my rings on my scarves. I learned a long time ago not to care. I’m a trendsetter. I love to do things in a unique way. They say that the first person to really do something never gets credit (God made everything and He doesn’t get the credit He deserves), but I don’t do it for the credit. I do it cuz it’s FUN!!! So I encourage you to go do your weirdest and best. Wear your rings as ponytail holders. Wear your neck scarf as a head wrap. Heck, use old necklaces & stretch bracelets as boot decor. Whatever you do, do it big & do it you!
Pashmina is the traditional name for the very finest grade of cashmere wool. Because of its unique softness and comforting warmth, pashmina is also known as the diamond fabric and the soft gold of high Asia. Put simply, it is the finest, softest and warmest wool available anywhere. With proper care, the diamond fabric will last a lifetime or more.
This amazing cashmere comes exclusively from the underbelly of the Capra Hircus goat, in the most remote regions of the Himalayas. Because they live approximately 14,000 feet above sea level, these special goats grow a thin, inner coat of hair that insulates them during the long, harsh Himalayan winters. It is this unique inner coat of hair that is used to produce pashmina. Each hair is about 1/6th the diameter of most other types of hair – but is still surprisingly durable while being stunningly soft and comforting to human skin. Source: http://www.thepashminastore.com/articles.asp?id=123
These beauties are on sale for less than $30! Order today before they’re all gone!
accessories, apparel, Blog, boot, clothes, clothing, facebook.com/thejewelrylady.co, Fashion, fix, garment, how-to, Life, Miscellaneous, outfit, Sanctified Prosperity Clothing, style, The Jewelry Lady, thejewelrylady.co, wardrobe, wardrobe test, women
With so many colors & styles of jewelry out there, this question of what jewelry to wear can be overwhelming. So, I started doing some research. Does it really matter what jewelry you should wear and when? Yes & no. The more important thing is that you consider how you look (as well as appropriateness) for the occasion.
For instance, you don’t want to outshine the person of honor at a special occasion. So dial back the bling at weddings, funerals, graduations, honorary dinners & awards banquets. At other occasions it won’t matter as much. It’s ok to be a showstopper, but don’t make others feel inadequate or look like you’re trying too hard. Yeah, it’s a delicate balance.
So, let’s focus on how to choose what you wear:
1. Choosing a necklace. Your necklace can make you look taller or shorter, larger or more delicate. Longer necklaces give a taller appearance, while those that rest on the collarbone minimize the height. Large-boned and full figured people may want to opt for a necklace with a bit of volume, while petite people may want to wear something more delicate.
2. Choosing earrings. Your earrings can complement or take away from your appearance. Long dangling earrings will enhance round faces, shorter earrings will complement rectangular or oblong faces, and rounded earrings will enhance square faces, while triangular earrings will add to heart-shaped faces. Oval faces typically look good in any style.
3. Choosing rings. Your rings can make your fingers look longer or shorter. Wider bands with round settings are best for long fingers, while dainty rings with oval stones are great for shorter fingers.
4. Choosing a bracelet. From dainty gem bracelets to large bangle bracelets, these accessories can also complement your look. Delicate bracelets are best for petite women; wide bracelets are great for average-sized women, while full figured women may look best wearing a few bracelets at once.
5. How to choose jewelry that will match a particular occasion? An adornment that’s ideal for a fancy night on the town may be completely unsuitable for the boardroom. Depending on the occasion, your jewelry piece can either take the stage or subtly add to your looks.
6. How to choose jewelry that will fit your budget? Make sure to determine how much money you wish to spend and stay within your budget. Silver and gold cost more, but they are always in style and they will last for ages. Costume and plated jewelry is much more affordable than precious metals, but its lifespan is shorter: it will wear off and fade with time. Remember, jewelry stores in prime locations may hike their prices by as much as twenty-five percent.
7. How to choose jewelry made of the right material? Decide whether you want something that you can wear until you grow tired of it (imitation or costume jewelry), or something that will stand the test of time (solid precious metal jewelry). Silver and gold will allow you to dress up or down and wear them for any occasion, while costume jewelry will enable you to change with the current style.
8. How to choose jewelry that will look good on you? Try various styles on in front of a mirror to see which piece suits you best. Ensure that this piece will complement your complexion and match your outfit. Bring a friend along and ask them for their opinion. When purchasing a necklace, ring or a bracelet online, make sure to measure your neck or wrist first (or go with a stretch style).